Getting engaged is so exciting and romantic, then the wedding planning begins!
Weddings have been a fabulous part of our countryside venue for over four years and during this time, we have hosted nearly 50 weddings, each one completely bespoke and unique! Along with our team of passionate and dedicated suppliers, we absolutely love turning our couples wedding day dreams into reality.
Lodge Farm House specialises in exclusive weddings for up to 200 people. We work together with our couples and our trusted, local suppliers delivering wonderful weddings at our sensational Hertfordshire location.
Every wedding at Lodge Farm House is unique. From your ceremony choice to the structure type you choose, to how you personalise the space to reflect you as a couple. We are at hand to ensure that everything is taken care of with passion and dedication to seamlessly deliver the wedding of your dreams.
Some couples can find the task of starting to plan their wedding beyond daunting. So help is at hand here at Lodge Farm House where we have put together some top tips to help make sorting out the finer details of your special day that bit easier….
- First things first, if you haven’t already shouted it from the rooftops tell your family and friends that you have got engaged! Now is also a good time to choose your bestman and bridesmaids. They will then be on hand from the get go to help with arrangements and planning.
- Work out what is important to you as a couple and what type of wedding you want. Once you have agreed your priorities then it’s time to set your budget, agree on a date, find your venue and get planning!
- When you start organising your ceremony it is important to understand the legalities involved in tying the knot. Whether you are having a religious or civil ceremony arrange a meeting with the relevant minister or registrar to discuss the service type, date required and any legal notice requirements.
- As you start planning your wedding you will make a lot of telephone calls and send a lot of emails so pull together everyone’s contact details in one place. Include all of your key contacts and suppliers with their telephone numbers, website and emails addresses. You may also want to set up your own dedicated email id for all wedding related correspondence.
- Set a budget and stick to it! Consider opening a wedding bank account and organising wedding insurance. Be clear on who is paying for what, so there are no surprises. It is key to agree on the number of guests that you wish to invite to the wedding day and to the evening reception as this will have a big impact on costs and venue requirements.
- Draw up a wedding project plan; nothing beats a simple computerised spreadsheet. This will allow you to monitor progress and costs at a glance.
- Consider hiring an Event Manager – here at Lodge Farm House we offer a full event management service and we will be on site up to and including your wedding day and beyond!
- Key things to include in your wedding plan and what to budget for:
- Venue hire and decoration
- Catering & waiting staff
- Rental equipment such as a marquee, tipi, mobile toilets, tables & chairs, table settings, linens, generator etc.
- Drinks, Corkage, Mobile Bar & Bar staff
- Prosecco or champagne for speeches & toasts
- Entertainment for the day and evening
- Honeymoon – to prevent any hidden cost surprises check your passports are valid, travel insurance, visas and vaccinations requirements
- Hen & Stag parties
- Registrar / Church fees including bell ringer, choir & organist fees
- Photographer & Videographer – if you have any ‘must have’shots its worth agreeing them with the photographer in advance
- Wedding rings
- Wedding outfits for the bride, groom, best man, ushers, bridesmaids, flower girls & page boys. Don’t forget to include the cost of the veil, shoes, lingerie, jewellery and your going away outfits!
- Florist – bouquets, buttonholes, corsages, venue & table flowers
- Cake including stand & knife
- Stationery – including save the date cards, invitations, map & direction cards, table plan, place cards, guest book and thank you cards. Don’t forget to include the postal delivery costs!
- Additional accommodation costs for the night before & after your big day for yourselves and your guests
- Hairdresser, Nails & Makeup artist
- Thank you gifts
- Ensure that you book key services at least 12 months in advance. If you have a special date that you specifically want to be married on you may need to book your venue sooner.
- Consider using a gift list company to help your guests chose appropriate presents; these can be sent out with the invitions
- Relax, enjoy your day and the rest of your lives together!
We hope that these top tips help you achieve the wedding you have been picturing since your engagement, and your guests enjoy a great day, filled with happy memories that they will never forget.
And bear in mind here at Lodge Farm House we can fully event manage your day, taking away the stress and strain of planning and juggling various suppliers.
If you would like the contact details of any of our wedding suppliers, or more information about our wedding venue please get in touch. We’d be delighted to meet you and show you around Lodge Farm House and our stunning grounds set in the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside!