This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
‘We’ refers to Lodge Farm House B&B, Kings Walden,Nr Hitchin, Herts, SG4 8LL
GDPR -the law on data protection -sets out a number of different reasons for which an organisation may collect and process your personal data. We are allowed to collect your data with:
If we need to process your data in order to fulfil our contractual obligations or because you have asked us to do something before entering into a contract, such as to provide a quote for staying with us or hosting your special day.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our organisation, such as contacting our suppliers on your behalf if you book an event with us.
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent, such as when you provide your email address so that we can send you information about our venue and events.The other lawful bases for processing your data are:
- Vital Interest -if we need to process your personal data to protect your life, (such as during a medical emergency).
- Public Interest-this basis enables us to process your data if we need to perform a specific task in the public interest that is set out in law, (such as reviewing our operation as part of a HMRC investigation).
- Legal Obligation -we are able to process your personal data to comply with a common law or statutory obligation, (such as complying with a court order)
2.When your data is collected
- When you contact us with an enquiry
- When you book a viewing with us
- When you book our accommodation
- When you book our venue for your special day
- When you attend one of our open days or fundraising events
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you enter our prize draws or competitions
3.What data is collected
- Your name and contact details in order to progress your booking. If you have guests staying with us, we may also ask for their names and contact details.
- If you attend our open days or fundraising events, we will ask for your name, contact details and permission to send you information to answer your enquiries about our venue
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
- Your payment details when you book our accommodation or hire our venue. (Your payment details are not stored after payment has been made.)
- Your comments and reviews about our venue.
4.How we use your personal data
We will only collect the information needed so that we can provide you with the services you require. We may use this data to:
- Respond to your enquiries and requests
- Book appointments for you(to view our venue or to meet our suppliers for example)
- Process payments for rooms or events booked and to prevent fraudulent transactions
- With your consent, we will keep you informed by email of our offers and events
- Administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- Develop and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. (We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests, which falls within the remit of the General Data Protection Regulation.)
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our services more relevant to you.
5.How we protect your personal data
Your data is stored electronically held on secure computer systems which is password protected. Our hosting provider is GDPR-compliant. Any information held on paper is kept in locked cabinets on site at Lodge Farm.
Marketing related data is held in online systems which are password protected and are GDPR-compliant (EU-based) or have certified compliance with the US Privacy Shield Framework, (EU-US based).
6.How long will we keep your personal data?
We will process personal data between your initial enquiry and:
- until after the date of your booking OR
- when you tell us that you are not booking our venue
We will continue to store only the personal data needed for seven years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations.
At the end of that retention period, your data will be deleted from our online systems and/or shredded confidentially.
7.Who we share your personal data with
The only data we will pass on to third parties will be essential to the processing of your booking. For example, we will supply your billing details to our payment provider. We do not pass on names and addresses to third parties for the use of marketing.
8.Where your data may be processed
We use online systems to progress enquiries, manage bookings and store data. These systems comply with the security requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation.
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
Your right to withdraw consent:
- Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
- You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.You can stop direct marketing communications from us by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email we send you, or by writing to: The Manager, Lodge Farm House B&B, Kings Walden, Nr Hitchin, Herts, SG4 8LL
- In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop at any time. However -we will not be able to keep you informed of important, relevant updates about our services. For example -you will need to know about any changes to our pricing.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
10.Enquiries and concerns
If you think that there is a problem with the way we are handling your data you have the right to complain to us. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.
Our Privacy Notice is clearly visible on our website’s Contact page. The Data Protection Officer is the Manager who is contactable by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Lodge Farm House B&B, Kings Walden,Nr Hitchin, Herts, SG4 8LL.